Recent study reveals the strange structural similarities between the human brain and the universe

The observable universe’s structures are strikingly similar to the neural networks of the human brain. An astrophysicist and a neurosurgeon wrote an article that describes the remarkable parallels between the macrocosm and the microcosm.

According to Italian researchers Franco Vazza and Alberto Feletti in a study published in Frontiers in Physics, despite a scale disparity of approximately 27 orders of magnitude, the human brain and the composition of the cosmic network exhibit similar degrees of complexity and self-organization. The brain has about 69 billion neurons, while the visible universe has at least 100 billion galaxies that are freely connected as a network.

True galaxies and neurons each account for around 30% of the universe’s and brain’s total masses, respectively. Galaxies and neurons are both arranged like beads strung together on long strings or filaments. In the case of galaxies, dark energy accounts for the remaining 70% of the mass.

Water is the counterpart in the human brain, according to the scientist couple. In a comment about his work, Vazza said, “We measure the spectral density of both systems.” Right: a section of a cosmological simulation with a 300-million-light-year extension.

On a scale of 1 micrometer to 0.1 millimeters, our study revealed that the distribution of fluctuation within the cerebellum’s neural network follows the same progression as the distribution of matter in the cosmic network, though on a larger scale ranging from 5 million to 500 million light-years, he added.

The number of connections originating from each node and the grouping was also oddly similar. According to Feletti, structural parameters have once again revealed surprising levels of similarity.

Despite the shocking and apparent disparity in the physical forces that control galaxies and neurons, communication between the two networks is likely to evolve according to similar physical principles. The world is a conscious being.

Similarly, scientists were shocked to find that they both seem to have similar knowledge capacities. The processing capacity of the human brain is estimated to be 2.5 petabytes.

Is the world a massive mind? This similarity in memory ability, he wrote, means that the entire body of information stored in a human brain (for example, a person’s entire life experience) can be coded into the distribution of galaxies in our universe.

That isn’t to suggest that the World has a brain or has thoughts. However, it implies that the rules governing the growth of both systems can be the same.

The researchers hope that their preliminary findings will lead to new analytical methods in cosmology and neurosurgery, helping scientists to better understand how these systems have changed over time.

Latest from Articles